Homepage
In order to access certain forum threads, this forum requires you to login with your user name and password so we can verify your current access level.
Thanks,
Forum Security Adminstrator - Don.E

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Homepage
In order to access certain forum threads, this forum requires you to login with your user name and password so we can verify your current access level.
Thanks,
Forum Security Adminstrator - Don.E
Homepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Congratulations: World FreQuency Champion 2016 (December 1st) - Team Lycan and Invictus
*CLOSED*2018 (24th - 26th July) is the Final Day To Register Your Team for "The Halo 5 3v3 and FFA Tournament" *CLOSED*
FreQuency Community BACK ONLINE!!!- stated by: FreQ Xaye and FreQ AvaiL
Gamenight Activity #997 - Hosted by FreQ|AvaiL and FreQ June Mia (Activity Ended:18th of July <11:59PM> AEST)

Forum Update and Improvements - 5/08/2016

+29
Hype Namakura
Jestics
Rize
Jason Dill
Wounded
Pyro
FreQ Blaze
valid Crystal
Sparseknot
BadKittyCosplay
Xone aVant
BullXRape
Emir
FreQ Danzok
Roiyobee
Invictus
BedsideSheep
Hype Zen
FEARtestITSELF
FreQ Viola
Flexxx
Kara Wrecks
Yoku
FreQ Prodigy
Jacrae
Andy Porter
Kiko Mia
Ricardo Harerra
H2V Fuze
33 posters
Go down
H2V Fuze
H2V Fuze
----------Master Knight----------
Aries Dragon
Forum Reputation : 21
https://www.caltech.edu/

Forum Update and Improvements - 5/08/2016 Empty Forum Update and Improvements - 5/08/2016

Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:07 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Forum Update and Improvements - 5/08/2016

So have been quite busy, but I have been reading the website development board and have taken your guys suggestions that you mentioned would make this site much better. So I have spoken to my other webmasters and have come up with the following list of updates, enjoy!
Here is the list of updates/improvements made to our website this month: 

• When creating a new topic or post, below the title field we have now added a small description field for members to give a further/brief description of what the topic is about.
  • People can now tag other members from the site in their posts with a simple @"INSERT USERNAME HERE" (They need to put quotation marks after the @ symbol for the tag to actually work and display in posts.
  • The text modifications have been significantly updated, allowing HTML to be embedded in the forum, editor mode is now also set to default.
  • Instead of the boring 12 color system you could use to edit your text, we have now given an entire color pallet with over 50 different colors, members can also create gradient texts and their own forum signatures and banners.
  • Website has more storage space, up to 1 Terrabyte of data storage...
  • New forum boards have been created, "The forum basket" which allows even guests (people who arent registered to the site) to communicate specially on that forum board
  • Users/Members can now create polls in topics, so the other members can vote.
  • Forum Arcade Area - Addition of multiplayer games which can be played directly on the website terminal (Still needs to implemented)
  • Website is much much faster, thanks to invictus who purged some redundant memory the BKT client was disposing on our server...
Ricardo Harerra
Ricardo Harerra
Group Moderator
Group Moderator
Forum Reputation : 22

Forum Update and Improvements - 5/08/2016 Empty Re: Forum Update and Improvements - 5/08/2016

Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:34 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@H2V Fuze
Amazing work Fuze and the web-development team, the website is so much more faster, BKT client is amazing, didn't crash a single time yesterday. Also I really love the new forum basket where guests can interact in that forum board. If you need a moderator I would be happy to help. Oh and with the new colour system I can finally create cool gradient shit like this:
Team Mexico
-But Seriously Well Done Guys-
Kiko Mia
Kiko Mia
--------- A Top 250 Player ---------
Gemini Goat
Forum Reputation : 29

Forum Update and Improvements - 5/08/2016 Empty Re: Forum Update and Improvements - 5/08/2016

Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:53 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Great update guys!
Absolutely amazing work fuze and every one in-charge of making these updates, the website has been super fast for me too and I am glad that we have much more storage space so we can upload what ever we want. This is building on the question of @Ricardo Harerra's above post of who are the moderators for the new basket forum board which enables guests to comment and interact with Frequency members. Since almost anyone can interact on that forum, i think forum moderation should be more prevelant, so i think its important to create a roster of certain higher up members who are in-charge of moderating posts in the forum portal or a separate forum thread.

Final question is, what is the maximum number of chat posts the website chatbox can store in the archives before deleting it and if so are these posts being back-up just in case something community managers have to reffer to certain posts, specially during 1v1 competition.

Thanks,

Kiko
Andy Porter
Andy Porter
--------- A Top 500 Player ---------
Scorpio Pig
Forum Reputation : 5

Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:18 pm
Yeh great job admin team and @H2V Fuze (aka nemesis), havent played with ya in a while but keen on having a few games tonight with ya if you are on. In terms of the website, i am kinda new here but its bloody fucking brilliant lad. Really slick design and shit, proffesional and pretty fast. Also thanks for the webmaster to take his time on approving my registration, its been 2 bloody weeks. But anyways im happy im on it now. Love how you can now link your posts through Twitter hash tags, that was a nice little touch.
Fucking keep it up lad!
FreQ Viola
FreQ Viola
----- BKT Knight Grade 3 -----
Forum Reputation : 19

Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:24 pm
Yes, I think its quite an amazing update, website is incredibly fast and everything but I think it could be much better, perhaps a spell checking system when people are putting up posts or even a roster of not only the admin but every other people who are comming/turing up to the LAN events. This is kinda for security reasons, we cant just let any one show up to these LANS. But apart from that great job team! Website's doing fantastic!
Jacrae
Jacrae
Scorpio Rooster
Forum Reputation : 23

Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:21 pm
Great update fuze and all other webmasters, website feels more efficient, also I was noticing the things you have been posting into your SQL thread where you are testing out a bunch of components to implement in to the website, have to say its very impressive, cant wait to see it active in the next update.

I have also created a thread on the Chat Archives me and  FreQ Viola have been busy saving some entries in the chat box for july, so it there saved permanently in our database plus there as jpeg image files. It's up to you how you want to proceed with the following screen shots butt it could be usefull in the future as a form of documentation and forum housekeeping.

-Regards, J
H2V Fuze
H2V Fuze
Aries Dragon

Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:45 pm
Thank you all, I am really glad that you all have liked the changes in this new update.

--------------------------------------------------
So to break down a few comments:
--------------------------------------------------
@FreQ Viola - I will be adding a spell checking module in the future, but it will be optional. Some people hate autocorrect correcting their words, so like editor mode it will be accessible in the toolbar. My man, Ray is working on this feature and should be implemented by the December update. As for the issue about the roster, I will have to confer with a few other members in the community or speak to the community manager (jestics) to see how the community feels about putting all their current active Gamer-tag and location onto a roster table for people to see. To be honest, registrations to either this site, the THF or the VGS site is good enough for me. We can all access the memberlist from all 3 of this sites by just going to each of these sites individually or use the universal BKT client to bring up the whole roster in all 3 communities.

@Andy Porter - Thanks for those kind words mate, we haven't played halo 2 in forever (i agree). I will invite you when I am online should be awesome. PS the websites going to become much more faster and efficient over the next few updates so this is just the start Wink

@Kiko Mia - I agree with what you are saying but there is no need to worry, we allready have a strict hierarchy of moderation. All moderators for that board will be managed by the GLOBAL / HEAD MODERATOR - "FearTestItSelf". So any questions about any forum posts or innapropriate content / behavior, you can ask him. The forum chat box has been backed up by FreQ Viola and Jacarae and they should be putting out a post soon. As of right now the forum chatbox can only store an archive list of 255 messages. By the September update that should be increased to ATLEAST 500 stored messages!

@Jacrae - Thanks bro, I will check it out some time today and get back to you.

Time Stance - 14:52:05

Last edited by Yoku on Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Had to correct the links)
FreQ Prodigy
FreQ Prodigy
-----Intrim FreQ Champion-----
-----Intrim FreQ Champion-----
Forum Reputation : 1

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:37 pm
Andy Porter wrote:Yeh great job admin team and @H2V Fuze (aka nemesis), havent played with ya in a while but keen on having a few games tonight with ya if you are on. In terms of the website, i am kinda new here but its bloody fucking brilliant lad. Really slick design and shit, proffesional and pretty fast. Also thanks for the webmaster to take his time on approving my registration, its been 2 bloody weeks. But anyways im happy im on it now. Love how you can now link your posts through Twitter hash tags, that was a nice little touch.
Fucking keep it up lad!
Haven't seen you in a while Andy, I believe the last time we played was gamenight #850 or something but hey I am glad to see ya, me and @H2V Fuze (AKA.Nemesis) as you would have known him then primarily play the classic halo games, often every saturday, we unfortunately rarely get on due to work and probably wont be active for the next 2 months but we will be hosting a small little catch up session this Saturday the 13th, so if you want to join just hit my gamertag up and ill send you an invite. I normally tend to appear offline, so if you cant get a hold of me on xbox just send me a private message on the site and ill Direct Message you my GT. 

Oh and great update guys! Really well done!
Ricardo Harerra
Ricardo Harerra
Group Moderator
Group Moderator
Forum Reputation : 22

Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:23 pm
Really great update guys really love to tag people in posts now....

Only suggestion is, i think you should make a small breif tutorial on how to tag some ones name in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Section) of the forum or the portal. Not every one might be familiar with the concepts of tagging, I know even myself was doing it wrong for many posts until this update made a few changes. If you want, I could make the tutorial but its up to the global moderators and admins if they could allow me to post on tat FAQ Forum.

Looking Forward To Hearing From You Guys!
@Yoku @H2V Fuze @FearTestItSelf" @Jestics @Kiko Mia @FreQ Avail @Katalyst
Andy Porter
Andy Porter
Scorpio Pig
Forum Reputation : 5

Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:39 pm
Ricardo Harerra wrote:Really great update guys really love to tag people in posts now....

Only suggestion is, i think you should make a small breif tutorial on how to tag some ones name in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Section) of the forum or the portal. Not every one might be familiar with the concepts of tagging, I know even myself was doing it wrong for many posts until this update made a few changes. If you want, I could make the tutorial but its up to the global moderators and admins if they could allow me to post on tat FAQ Forum.

Looking Forward To Hearing From You Guys!
@Yoku @H2V Fuze @FearTestItSelf" @Jestics @Kiko Mia @FreQ Avail @Katalyst

Yeh, when I was attending gamenight #902, I heard Yoku mention he was going to create a post on that. So not to worry haha!
H2V Fuze
H2V Fuze
Aries Dragon

Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:25 pm
@Andy Porter and @Ricardo Harerra

Making a FAQ post on that would be pointless as its not only self explantory but I have mentioned a "Brief" tutorial in the first post of this thread, saying that: 

Code:
"People can now tag other members from the site in their posts with a simple @"INSERT USERNAME HERE"
(They need to put quotation marks after the @ symbol) for the tag to actually work and display in posts." 

But if @Yoku really wants to make a separate FAQ post on how to tag then go for it haha. I just think its not really neccessary...

Ding Dongs
Yoku
Yoku
Forum Reputation : 94
https://freq.forumotion.com/

Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:33 pm
H2V Fuze wrote:@Andy Porter and @Ricardo Harerra

Making a FAQ post on that would be pointless as its not only self explantory but I have mentioned a "Brief" tutorial in the first post of this thread, saying that: 

Code:
"People can now tag other members from the site in their posts with a simple @"INSERT USERNAME HERE"
(They need to put quotation marks after the @ symbol) for the tag to actually work and display in posts." 

But if @Yoku really wants to make a separate FAQ post on how to tag then go for it haha. I just think its not really neccessary...

Ding Dongs
Wont hurt to make a FAQ post though, I also kinda have the spare time right now anyways. Just want to make everything about the site more user friendly as I can. Also not every one is going to read this post. If they have a question about the sites functionality or how to use a specific feature they most likely go down to the FAQ board or the FAQ section of the forum.

I will have it up some-time this week.

~Yoku~
Timestance: 23rd, August, 2016
Kara Wrecks
Kara Wrecks
----- BKT Knight Grade 1 -----
----- BKT Knight Grade 1 -----
Scorpio Horse
Forum Reputation : 7

Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:53 am
Great job guys! Keep it going!
Flexxx
Flexxx
-----Intermediate Forum Poster-----
Forum Reputation : 2

Forum Update and Improvements - 5/08/2016 Empty Next Update!

Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:23 pm
Kara Wrecks wrote:
Great job guys! Keep it going!
@Kara Wrecks and @Kiko Mia
----------------------------------------------------------------
ONLY 5 MORE DAYS TILL THE NEXT UPDATE!

----------------------------------------------------------------
High Expectations @H2V Fuze

Last edited by Flexxx on Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited the username tags...)
FreQ Viola
FreQ Viola

Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:18 pm
The FreQuence Halo Tutorial Board Is Officially Going To Be Filled From Tommorow.
So it is important that we set the relevant permisssions on who can see the information, such as only registered users before we can display/unlock it to everyone!
FEARtestITSELF
FEARtestITSELF
-----Senior Member-----
-----Senior Member-----
Gemini Rooster
Forum Reputation : 31

Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:35 pm
FreQ Viola wrote:The FreQuence Halo Tutorial Board Is Officially Going To Be Filled From Tommorow.
So it is important that we set the relevant permisssions on who can see the information, such as only registered users before we can display/unlock it to everyone!

Yeh we don't won't anyone outside the community seeing what we have.
FreQ Viola
FreQ Viola

Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:40 pm
FEARtestITSELF wrote:
FreQ Viola wrote:The FreQuence Halo Tutorial Board Is Officially Going To Be Filled From Tommorow.

Yeh we don't won't anyone outside the community seeing what we have.
Seriously guys, we need to lock the website for VERIFIED MEMBERS only, otherwise any one can see the content here.
Hype Zen
Hype Zen
----- BKT Knight Grade 2 -----
----- BKT Knight Grade 2 -----
Forum Reputation : 7

Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:35 am
We really need to lock the site, LIKE NOW!

Random kids are able to access all of these posts, wtf is going on here??? Also can someone
please set up appropriate permission and forum access levels for certain boards.
PLEASE DO THIS ASAP GUYS!
BedsideSheep
BedsideSheep
Libra Dog
Forum Reputation : 15

Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:57 pm
Can some one fix the chatbox too, I keep getting disconnected due to "SESSION TIME OUT"
It is really annoying at times.
Thanks.
Invictus
Invictus
-----Hyper Frequency Master-----
-----Hyper Frequency Master-----
Aries Rat
Forum Reputation : 32

Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:03 am
BedsideSheep wrote:Can some one fix the chatbox too, I keep getting disconnected due to "SESSION TIME OUT"
Thanks.
@H2V Fuze Please get to these issues by the next update thanks!
Roiyobee
Roiyobee
Aquarius Rooster
Forum Reputation : 16

Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:54 pm
Invictus wrote:
BedsideSheep wrote:Can some one fix the chatbox too, I keep getting disconnected due to "SESSION TIME OUT"
Thanks.
@H2V Fuze Please get to these issues by the next update thanks!
When the leader makes an account to site 2 months later.
Fucking boss mhm?
Yoku
Yoku
Forum Reputation : 94

Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:26 pm
CAN AN ADMIN TELL ME WHY THE HELL ARE SOME OF MY ACTIVITIES ARE NOT APPEARING ON THE CALENDER! PLEASE FIX THIS NOW!

Forum Update and Improvements - 5/08/2016 Calede10
FreQ Danzok
FreQ Danzok
-----Master FreQuency-----
-----Master FreQuency-----
Libra Snake
Forum Reputation : 3

Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:52 pm
We need to add a public calendar board, where only admins or community coordinators can post.
Emir
Emir
Forum Reputation : 6

Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:13 pm
FreQ Danzok wrote:We need to add a public calendar board, where only admins or community coordinators can post.
Or cant we just type up messages on the callender it is far far easier
BullXRape
BullXRape
Gemini Horse
Forum Reputation : 0

Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:54 pm
This sites a fucking joke now, what the fuck is with this halo 5 bullshit hmm, every time I seem to log on its just "Oh im host halo 5 this, im hosting halo 5 that". Im going back to the THF site, seriously no love for the classics.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum