Homepage
In order to access certain forum threads, this forum requires you to login with your user name and password so we can verify your current access level.
Thanks,
Forum Security Adminstrator - Don.E

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Homepage
In order to access certain forum threads, this forum requires you to login with your user name and password so we can verify your current access level.
Thanks,
Forum Security Adminstrator - Don.E
Homepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Congratulations: World FreQuency Champion 2016 (December 1st) - Team Lycan and Invictus
*CLOSED*2018 (24th - 26th July) is the Final Day To Register Your Team for "The Halo 5 3v3 and FFA Tournament" *CLOSED*
FreQuency Community BACK ONLINE!!!- stated by: FreQ Xaye and FreQ AvaiL
Gamenight Activity #997 - Hosted by FreQ|AvaiL and FreQ June Mia (Activity Ended:18th of July <11:59PM> AEST)

Halo 5 - Sensitivity Preferences

+22
Hayier Klushivotz
PrZ Shadow
UndefeatedSnipe
BKater inc
valid Crystal
Patchy
Moniz HCS
Factor X
Jacrae
Ross.C
Katalyst
Dersky
Jestics
FreQ Viola
Hype Namakura
Xone Spirit
Yoku
Ricardo Harerra
Sparseknot
C4
Jason Dill
H2V Fuze
26 posters
Go down
H2V Fuze
H2V Fuze
----------Master Knight----------
Aries Dragon
Forum Reputation : 21
https://www.caltech.edu/

Halo 5 - Sensitivity Preferences Empty Halo 5 - Sensitivity Preferences

Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:28 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
So what is the perfect sensitivity for you guys, I want to have a rough idea of the communities over sensitivity preference for Halo 5. For me I have constantly switched, and it feels like its the only Halo game where I have constantly felt the need to change and fix over time. 

Currently my sensitivity settings for Halo 5 are:

• Vertical Look Sensitivity - 8.5 
  • Horizontal Look Sensitivity - 10

• Aim Acceleration - 4
  • Inner Dead-zone - 0%
  • Outer Dead-zone - 9%

I play on the "Bumper Jumper" button scheme with a semi-claw (SPECIALLY FOR SNIPING) and have both Toggle Crouch and Maintain Sprint Off...

I have also disable Assasinations, Auto Stabalize and Holding to Clamber...

PS (I play on the stock Xbox One controller)
Yoku
Yoku
--------- A Top 250 Player ---------
Forum Reputation : 94
https://freq.forumotion.com/

Halo 5 - Sensitivity Preferences Empty Interesting!

Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:23 pm
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)
My button configuration
That's a very interesting configuration you got there buddy, I also agree that 343 did a poor job with setting a much universal and default sensitivity, a lot of people who don't understand what are the technical terms such as Inner/Outer deadzone's and what exactly is Aim Acceleration will be at a severe disadvantage. I also think that this is the first Halo where having an elite controller will have a massive advantage compared to a normal controller specially since you can have more control over your sensitivity curves.

Regardless, here is my controller configuration for Halo 5:

Sensitivity Curve
                Configuration                  
Control Scheme: Bumper Jumper 
Halo 5 - Sensitivity Preferences TpKYgK5Halo 5 - Sensitivity Preferences Yoku_s10

-Yoku
Jason Dill
Jason Dill
-Blacklisted / Banned Member-
-Blacklisted / Banned Member-
Forum Reputation : 10

Halo 5 - Sensitivity Preferences Empty Re: Halo 5 - Sensitivity Preferences

Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:15 pm
Message reputation : 67% (3 votes)
My Halo 5 Controller Configuration
Code:
Vertical Look Sensitivity: 5
Horizontal Look Sensitivity: 5
In Game Aim Acceleration: 5
Inner-Deadzone: 0%
Outer-Deadzone: 0%
Sensitivity Curve: Default (XBOX ELITE CONTROLLER)

I play on Halo 5 (Default) Controller Scheme and yes I DO HAVE ASSASINATIONS TURNED ON! Specially so that, when I assasinate the Frog (DRG Tepidrelic2 / FearTestItSelf) it looks even more dramatic!

-Master Frog Hunter (Jason Dil)
C4
C4
----- BKT Knight Grade 1 -----
Forum Reputation : 9

Halo 5 - Sensitivity Preferences Empty Hahahhaha

Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:58 pm
Jason Dill wrote:My Halo 5 Controller Configuration
Code:
Vertical Look Sensitivity: 5
Horizontal Look Sensitivity: 5
Outer-Deadzone: 0%
Sensitivity Curve: Default (XBOX ELITE CONTROLLER)

I play on Halo 5 (Default) Controller Scheme and yes I DO HAVE ASSASINATIONS TURNED ON! Specially so that, when I assasinate the Frog (DRG Tepidrelic2 / FearTestItSelf) it looks even more dramatic!

-Master Frog Hunter (Jason Dil)
Never understood this but why do you dislike him so much?
Sparseknot
Sparseknot
Pisces Pig
Forum Reputation : 29

Halo 5 - Sensitivity Preferences Empty My config

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:22 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
My Halo 5 Controller Configuration
Code:
Vertical Look Sensitivity: 6.5
Horizontal Look Sensitivity: 6.5
Outer-Deadzone: 4%
Sensitivity Curve: Agressive (XBOX ELITE CONTROLLER)

Overview
I used to play on Recon but recently I have been trying to make the transition to play claw, so I can play on virtually any scheme and be more adapatable and fluid with my movements. I know every one here would expect a player like myself who is in the top 100 BKT players to play on a massively high sense like 10X and 10Y but thats not the case for me. I can kinda snipe on 10 but my BR suffers drastically, I know there alot of FreQs and BKT pros who play on 10 for everything and maintain perfect aim with the BR but i have always been a low sense player and like to engage in long range battles. Also personally its far easier connecting the button combos on a low sense.
-Sparseknot (BKT Rank #92)
Ricardo Harerra
Ricardo Harerra
Group Moderator
Group Moderator
Forum Reputation : 22

Halo 5 - Sensitivity Preferences Empty Don't Know Much...

Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:19 pm
I have a problem with finding and setting my current sensitivity thats right for me on Halo 5
So as I made the transition from other halo games to halo 5, i found out i struggled with the sense. There there other options, all these new options like inner and outer dead-zones, I just don't know how to set it up and find out which is the sensitivity that's right for me. Kinda blame 343 for not creating a balanced and good default sensitivity.

~Please Help Me!
Yoku
Yoku
Forum Reputation : 94
https://freq.forumotion.com/

Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:27 pm
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)
Ricardo Harerra wrote:I have a problem with finding and setting my current sensitivity thats right for me on Halo 5
So as I made the transition from other halo games to halo 5, i found out i struggled with the sense. There there other options, all these new options like inner and outer dead-zones, I just don't know how to set it up and find out which is the sensitivity that's right for me. Kinda blame 343 for not creating a balanced and good default sensitivity.

~Please Help Me!

So this is in response to you previous post...
I understand that this may be a little new, but you need to take into consideration that Halo 5 is just a different halo and you have to adapt and get used to it. If you are free tommorrow I am willing to help you out in a private party and lobby to fix/find your GOLDEN sensitivity in Halo 5. There are a few variables that people need to consider and I will be making a separate post/thread on configuring your HALO 5 SENSITIVITY THE RIGHT WAY! 

But for now, here are a few tips that will help you understand the concepts of setting your Deadzones and the steps you should take to find what Deadzone setting is right for you:

How to set your inner deadzone:

Put it at 0%
Now, lightly nudge your right stick in a direction then let go. If your camera is still slowly moving even when you arent touching the stick (this is called look drift), then you should increase the size of your deadzone. Do this for every direction, including the diagonals.
If you have no drift problems, then congratulations... you are done.
However if you have drift problem, increase the size of the deadzone then try again. Repeat the process until you find the lowest number possible, where you dont get look drift.
How to set your outer deadzone:

Again, put this number to 0%
This time spin your character left, then spin your character right. If your character is turning very slowly in one or both directions then similar to before, increase the size of the deadzone, and try again.
Thats it!

Once again ill help you out tommorrow in a custom lobby in Halo 5, it should only take around 20-30 minutes max to identify what sensitivity configuration is suitable for you.
Xone Spirit
Xone Spirit
Forum Reputation : 1

Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:34 pm
My Halo 5 Settings!
I have also realized that if you change the right analogue sticks "SENSITIVITY CURVE" to Smooth and the left analogue sticks "SENSITIVITY CURVE" to Aggressive or Instant...then it feels soooo much better.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obviously this is to do with the Elite Controller
PS. I play on 5 Aim Acceleration and 5 Look Sensitivities ON BOTH AXIS.
INNER DEADZONE = 0%
OUTDER DEADZONE = 8%
Hype Namakura
Hype Namakura
Forum Reputation : 17

Halo 5 - Sensitivity Preferences Empty Sensitivity Settings on Halo 5

Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:50 pm
So here is my sensitivity preferences in Halo 5

My trigger deadzones are both set to 75% and I play claw on Universal Recon
Sensitivity Curve: Default - Aggressive (XBOX ELITE CONTROLLER)

All in all Halo 5 sensitivity is not bad but could be faster, it is the scoping in animations of certain guns that suck and make it hard to lightning snipe with.
FreQ Viola
FreQ Viola
----- BKT Knight Grade 3 -----
----- BKT Knight Grade 3 -----
Forum Reputation : 19

Halo 5 - Sensitivity Preferences Empty Sense settings!

Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:13 pm
So here is my sensitivity preferences in Halo 5 
NOTE - I play with toggle crouch as off and maintain sprint/ auto-stablize and assasinations off...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My trigger deadzones are both set to 75% and I play on Bumper Jumper, some times switch in between Hell-Jumper as well.

Timestamp: Post Last Updated (30th/07/2016)
Halo 5 - Sensitivity Preferences Kingdom_Hearts_Riku_Signature_by_Mercuphoria
                           ~Frequency Viola~
Ricardo Harerra
Ricardo Harerra
Group Moderator
Group Moderator
Forum Reputation : 22

Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:06 pm
@Yoku 
I would just like to say a HUGE thank you to Yoku, for helping me set my controller settings and sensitivity, I have allready notice massive differences. I used to average at around a 45% accuracy per standard slayer match, now its around 58% which is a massive jump and so easily noticable, specially since I have now started to get a hell of a lot more Perfect Kill Medals and our pistol/ar some on. Thank you so much yoku, I can't thank you enough.
Fucking love this community!

-Ricardo Harerra
Jestics
Jestics
---------Community Manager---------
---------Community Manager---------
Pisces Goat
Forum Reputation : 14

Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:37 pm
The following is my sensitivity preferences / configuration for Halo 5 "Guardians"
NOTE - I play with toggle crouch as off and maintain sprint/ auto-stablize and assasinations off...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vertical Look Sensitivity: 7.5
Horizontal Look Sensitivity: 7.5
In Game Aim Acceleration: 2
Inner-Deadzone: 0%
Outer-Deadzone: 3%
My trigger Dead-Zones are both set to 75% and I play on Bumper Jumper and Universal Re-claimer (Default) with a claw grip for lightning sniping.

Timestamp: Post Last Updated (24th/August/2016)

~Jestics~

Last edited by Yoku on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed corrupted image sets of jestics controller settings...)
Dersky
Dersky
-----Forum VIP Member-----
-----Forum VIP Member-----
Scorpio Rooster
Forum Reputation : 7

Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:29 pm
My Halo 5 Controller Sensitivity Settings:
These are only for halo 5....
Vertical and Horizontal Look Sensitivity = 5
Aim Acceleration: 2
Outer-Deadzone: 2%
I have my Trigger Stops at 70% for both triggers and play Bumper Jumper no claw, but I do switch it up from time to time. I also have the following settings turned off:

• Assasination
  • Hold to Stabalize
  • Hold to Clamber 
  • Maintain Sprint
  • Toggle Crouch
Katalyst
Katalyst
Libra Pig
Forum Reputation : 16

Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:19 am
My Controller Sensitivity varies based on what gametype I am playing, and what role I play in objective games, specially on Halo 5. If I am playing as a defensive player on an objective game (by that I mean, hang back and support my team, even precision snipe from far away) I often tend to play on a much lower sense. But if I am doing alot of movement based manipulations, or being super agressive or even a pain in the ass for the enemy team (such as run all over their base "distracting them") I would generally go for a much higher sensitivity.

Normally I play at 5-6 sensitivity with 5% inner dead zone (because my shitty controller has drift issues) and 8% as my outer deadzone. I play bumper jumper and have play that button configuration for almost every halo game.

Just wanted to bring this to you guy's attention but this is something that I need to bring up haha. So there is a lot of confusion with Velocity and Aim Acceleration Pretty sure that's the same thing. Heard alot of BKT members talking about velocity based stick manipulations in the most recent gamenight (#Gamenight.901), which sounds like a change in aim/look velocity at different stick positions. That is what aim acceleration modifies. Set aim accel. = 0 for the same look velocity throughout the stick range. It is, admittedly, a poorly named setting, as acceleration is a change in velocity over time, where the setting actually adjusts the change in velocity relative to (stick) displacement.

#GamenightBKT #BKT901
Ross.C
Ross.C
----Beginner Forum Poster----
----Beginner Forum Poster----
Forum Reputation : 2

Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:22 pm
Can some one help me find my apporpiate halo 5 sensitivity, been having a few problems. Some times it way to innacurate at long range battles, some times its too slow turning around, I never used to have this problem in all the other halos. 

I would greatly appreciate it if some one could help me out thanks!
Jacrae
Jacrae
--------- A Top 500 Player ---------
Scorpio Rooster
Forum Reputation : 23

Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:32 pm
The following is my sensitivity preferences / configuration for Halo 5 "Guardians"
Vertical Look Sensitivity: 4.0  - Normally have my Y-axis always half of my X-axis...
Horizontal Look Sensitivity: 8.0 - I'm a drag lightning scoper...
In Game Aim Acceleration: 1 - I want a more unified and stable aim acceleration (Easier for my muscle memory to adapt)
Outer-Deadzone: 3%
My trigger Dead-Zones are both set to 75%  mainly so I can do things like the SYPHER on most automatic weapons

Now I know a lot of members in this community may hate me for this but this is my settings for x-Aim or my mouse when I play Halo 2 Vista and Halo 1 on the PC, I obviously have 2 sets of sensitivity preferences I can switch on the fly but essentially i tried to replicate the same sensitivity curves the Xbox Elite Controller gives us on the xbox controller app, just applied to a mouses deadzones:
Halo 5 - Sensitivity Preferences Sense10x
Factor X
Factor X
Forum Reputation : 0

Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:52 am
First of all @H2V Fuze
I rarely play Gaylo 5 but  I do play it on occasion when MCC Pisses me off.
My Sensitivity Preferences for  Gaylo 5, (p.s) it's still a shit game! 
Vertical Look Sensitivity: 10
Horizontal Look Sensitivity: 10
In Game Aim Acceleration: 5
Outer-Deadzone: 4% to 5% to 15% (I still haven't figured this shit out yet, i switch between these 3 settings a lot)
My trigger deadzones are both set to 75% and I play on Bumper Jumper,  coupled with a hella aggressive claw.
Sensitivity Curve: Instant - Aggressive (XBOX ELITE CONTROLLER)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE - I also have my HOLD TO CLAMBER switched to ON as i don't want to accidentally clambering 
             on uneven surfaces on the map which will get my ass killed.
Moniz HCS
Moniz HCS
Forum Reputation : 7

Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:13 pm
So many interesting controller sensitivity preferences, shame 343 Industries could not make a 
standardized sensitivity the is suitable for every halo player...
Guess thats them trying new stupid shit that is actually alot more confusing to an allready
shit fest of a game. 

Obviously people would argue that it gives the user more options, but I could make a counter 
argument suggesting it not only confuses new users but takes away aim balance.

Tags - @H2V Fuze
Patchy
Patchy
Forum Reputation : 1

Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:31 am
Moniz HCS wrote:So many interesting controller sensitivity preferences, shame 343 Industries could not make a 
standardized sensitivity the is suitable for every halo player...
Guess thats them trying new stupid shit that is actually alot more confusing to an allready
shit fest of a game. 

Obviously people would argue that it gives the user more options, but I could make a counter 
argument suggesting it not only confuses new users but takes away aim balance.

Tags - @H2V Fuze
Halo 5 - Sensitivity Preferences Mr-chow-haha
valid Crystal
valid Crystal
Cancer Horse
Forum Reputation : 5

Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:05 am
Where does every one stand on the idea of X-AIM or Mouse support for Halo. 
Because microsoft are now allowing Mouse support for xbox which is crazy. Personally I think its a terrible idea but it would be interesting to see what you peeps think. Since you will be playing ON THE CONSOLE with a secondary feed to your pointer device you end up getting the precsion of the mouses pointer aiming + the aim assist FOR the controller, which I think is so stupid. They should atleast make sure a user who plays with a controller only gets the aim assisnt and any 3rd-party input/plugin like a mouse from XIM should get very less aim assist or none at all.

Halo 5 - Sensitivity Preferences Home_main
BKater inc
BKater inc
Scorpio Horse
Forum Reputation : 4

Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:55 pm
So many interesting preferences!
I normally switch between 5-6 and play on 4 aim acceleration with 5% outer deadzone and 0% inner deadzone.
@H2V Fuze

Last edited by BKater inc on Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the user tags.)
UndefeatedSnipe
UndefeatedSnipe
-----Master FreQuency-----
-----Master FreQuency-----
Forum Reputation : 5

Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:12 pm
BKater inc wrote:So many interesting preferences!
I normally switch between 5-6 and play on 4 aim acceleration with 5% outer deadzone and 0% inner deadzone.
@H2V Fuze
Indeed, welcome to the website haha
PrZ Shadow
PrZ Shadow
Sagittarius Cat
Forum Reputation : 9

Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:37 am
BKater inc wrote:So many interesting preferences!
@H2V Fuze
Hey bro, didnt know you still played, I remember seeing you play for the H2 Invitationals for MadCatz. You guys played for Team Wastemanagement, I played against you in the 33rd Laddle bracket, fuckign good times. We should have a game some time!

Oh and as for my sensitivity, I normally just keep it between 6-7 on most Halo games. 
Hayier Klushivotz
Hayier Klushivotz
Forum Reputation : 15

Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:25 am
o.o
*.*
<3
ManWithoutModem
ManWithoutModem
Sagittarius Horse
Forum Reputation : 0

Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:56 am
Mouse support on FPS's would destroy the balance of fairness in gaming.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Emphasis on destroy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@H2V Fuze

Last edited by ManWithoutModem on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed Tags (Admin))
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum