Homepage
In order to access certain forum threads, this forum requires you to login with your user name and password so we can verify your current access level.
Thanks,
Forum Security Adminstrator - Don.E

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Homepage
In order to access certain forum threads, this forum requires you to login with your user name and password so we can verify your current access level.
Thanks,
Forum Security Adminstrator - Don.E
Homepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Congratulations: World FreQuency Champion 2016 (December 1st) - Team Lycan and Invictus
*CLOSED*2018 (24th - 26th July) is the Final Day To Register Your Team for "The Halo 5 3v3 and FFA Tournament" *CLOSED*
FreQuency Community BACK ONLINE!!!- stated by: FreQ Xaye and FreQ AvaiL
Gamenight Activity #997 - Hosted by FreQ|AvaiL and FreQ June Mia (Activity Ended:18th of July <11:59PM> AEST)

COD vs Halo

+3
Mh0r0k0
The D
valid Miller
7 posters
Go down
valid Miller
valid Miller
-----Hyper Frequency Master-----
-----Hyper Frequency Master-----
Forum Reputation : 6

COD vs Halo Empty COD vs Halo

Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:33 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
COD vs. HALO
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
Lets go, Discussion time. . .
Just want to know what is the communities view on the whole debate of COD vs. HALO.
Mainly because i was going through youtube and ran accross this video, now this video pissed me off for certain reasons but once again
before I give my thoughts on this, I want to know what a few of you think about it.

Last edited by Yoku on Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:09 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated video link, ADMIN REQUEST: Can we host a BKT Gamenight specifically for COD for a change. It will be different.)
The D
The D
----Beginner Forum Poster----
----Beginner Forum Poster----
Forum Reputation : 6

COD vs Halo Empty Re: COD vs Halo

Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:35 pm
Here's a few thing COD fans need to consider.

1. If it wasn't for Halo, you'd all be playing PlayStation. Halo 1 was the reason Xbox sold enough to challenge PS.
2. MLG would not exist today if Halo 2 hadn't had signed a deal with them, which lifted the company out of recession due to the sheer popularity.
3. Halo revolutionized the way we play (a melee and grenade button, dual thumb stick layout for FPS, etc.)
Mh0r0k0
Mh0r0k0
-----Novice Forum Poster-----
Scorpio Pig
Forum Reputation : 1

Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:47 pm
The D wrote:Here's a few thing COD fans need to consider.

1. If it wasn't for Halo, you'd all be playing PlayStation. Halo 1 was the reason Xbox sold enough to challenge PS.
2. MLG would not exist today if Halo 2 hadn't had signed a deal with them, which lifted the company out of recession due to the sheer popularity.
3. Halo revolutionized the way we play (a melee and grenade button, dual thumb stick layout for FPS, etc.)
Wow that was amazing i didnt know the specifics but this was so cool. 
Now when my friend tells COD is the best Ill just refer to the post!
#KnowledgeDrop
Flexxx
Flexxx
-----Intermediate Forum Poster-----
-----Intermediate Forum Poster-----
Forum Reputation : 2

Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:50 pm
@Mh0r0k0
More like #KnowldegeIsPower

As for COD vs. Halo, One is a Twitch Shooter the Other is more Precision based, but Halo 4 Lyfe!
Suck my dick COD Fans.
P.S Luke the Notable is a Fuckwit.
Sparseknot
Sparseknot
--------- A Top 250 Player ---------
Pisces Pig
Forum Reputation : 29

Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:57 pm
The D wrote:Here's a few thing COD fans need to consider.

3. Halo revolutionized the way we play (a melee and grenade button, dual thumb stick layout for FPS, etc
An incredibly well-articulated response there Dar

If I may add Halo was also one of the first games to ever bring the concept of Forge, allowing fans to use the
games assets to create whatever they wanted, how ever they wanted. Obviously forge has evolved through 
every halo, this is ever more present in Halo 5 but there are alot of things Halo has done that has
revolutionized not only the FPS genre but the games industry itself. 

@Valid Miller @The D 
Prey Mantis
Prey Mantis
Libra Snake
Forum Reputation : 0

Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:21 pm
Just a cool stat I found on facebook

COD vs Halo Hcod
Frightmare
Frightmare
Sagittarius Dragon
Forum Reputation : 3

Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:29 am
My whole view on the debate on Halo vs Call of duty
In my opinion, both require skill in their own ways. When it comes to this debate, you can not really compare both games as ones a Twitch based shooter (Call Of Duty Games) and the other is more of a (Precision and Timing Based Shooter). Yes the newer halos have a significantly lower TTK (Time To Kill) then its precessors but they still keep to their aiming mechanic. That video by Luke The Notable, he is right on some points where THE GENERAL / AVERAGE population of Halo players would far easily transition to COD, where as cod players would struggle. But if a Halo PRO goes against a Call of Duty Pro and learns from scratch to play each others games at competitive level, they both would struggle just as equally.

The main reason that makes COD more easier to transition to from Halo is because of the lower TTK. At the end of the day yes Halo maybe slightly harder to master in terms of AIM, but in terms of strategy, spawns, movement. They both are quite equal. 

We really shouldn't even have this discussion, we all should just respect every individuals choice of the game they choose to play.

In response to: @valid Miller

Last edited by Frightmare on Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just learnt how to tag people on the website.)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum